Jan 9, 2013


Seat Cushions



Quite flattened from lots of loving usage


My first sewing project on my Singer 127. 

Materials: Cotton ticking, cotton ribbon as ties
Batting: Polyester, from Joann's. Synthetic is not my favorite. 
Pattern: My own 

I'm often impetuous with projects. I did bits of research with this one, and basically winged it. Measured two squarish pieces, sewed those together, then sewed 2 inch gussets for the corners. It was quite a lesson on cutting fabric straight, among other things! It definitely allowed me to become more familiar with my vintage sewing machine. 

The tufting was a pain on my fingers to do. It's been over a year since I made these, and I kid you not, the fourth cushion remains to be tufted. I can be lazy like that. 

While imperfect, these cushions do the job just fine: keep our bottoms comfortable and warm. 

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking time to for write me! :)