March 28, 2013


Sketch of a tiger I was working on today, to flex my drawing muscles. 
Biked past the neighbor’s fence yesterday and spotted all of their blooming nasturtiums.    
Lovely, lovely shades of warm yellows, oranges and reds. I will spare you and show only two photos of the mini bouquet I picked.


Yeah...I really like cats. I swear I draw other animals!

In other news, I’ve picked up some drawing pen nibs and also am trying linoleum block cutting (e.g. stamp making!). The dip pens are to replace my usage of Sakura Microns and Faber Castells. I find that I get a much wider range of line widths with a single nib, and they’re a much more environmentally friendly alternative to disposable pens. I won’t oust disposables altogether because they are convenient in the work place, and when I travel I probably won’t want to bring my ink bottle(s) and nibs along, but for drawing at home I am doing away with the disposables. I attended a conference and heard Beth Terry of My Plastic Free Life, which re-ignited my interest in decreasing the amount of plastics I use and buy.